A bus accident can lead to serious injuries and extensive financial costs. If you suffered injuries in a bus accident, the bus company could be responsible for compensating you for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Our Lancaster bus accident lawyer can handle every aspect of your case and fight hard for the compensation you need and deserve.
At Schiller & Hamilton, we work hard to build your case and deal with the insurance company, so you do not have to. While our personal injury team works on your financial recovery, you can focus on your physical and emotional recovery. Leave the hard work and legalities of your bus accident case to us. Our law firm will never stop fighting for you.
Our Personal Injury Lawyer Can Fight for Appropriate Financial Compensation
The at-fault party—not you or your family—should cover the costs of the accident. Our Lancaster personal injury lawyer will carefully review and document your accident-related financial expenses and losses. Our compensation request will include:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost income and reduced earning capacity
- Property damage or loss
- Diminished property value
- Impairment and disfigurement
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If a loved one suffered fatal injuries in a bus accident, our wrongful death team can handle your case so that you can grieve in peace. Wrongful death damages we request for your family will include your loved one’s funeral and burial expenses and your loss of their income and domestic support.
We also represent you on a contingency fee basis. Our law firm will not expect or accept compensation until we recover it for you. If your case does not result in a financial award, you will owe us no legal fees at all.
Types of Bus Accident Cases We Handle
When our law firm takes on your case, we start by identifying the type of bus involved in your accident, the bus company, and their insurance provider. We represent injured bus passengers, vehicle occupants, pedestrians, motorcyclists, and bicyclists. Our law firm will accept your case if your accident involved a:
- City bus
- Party bus
- Shuttle bus
- Coach bus
- School bus
Every case we accept starts with a free review. It gives us an opportunity to learn the details of your case and gives you an opportunity to learn about our law firm.
We Will Clarify South Carolina’s Statutes of Limitations
All civil lawsuits must be filed in time to comply with its specific statute of limitations. Per S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530, you generally have:
- Three years from the date of the accident to file your personal injury lawsuit
- Three years from the date of a loved one’s demise to file your wrongful death lawsuit
If your accident involved a city or transit bus, you generally have two years to file your lawsuit against the municipality, according to S.C. Ann. § 15-78-110.
Complying with the statute of limitations can be more challenging than you think since it can fluctuate based on a myriad of factors. Missing the filing deadline, though, could mean you cannot file your lawsuit at all. We can help you meet your deadlines and work to streamline the legal process.
For a free legal consultation with a Lancaster Bus Accident Lawyer call 1-803-366-0333
Our Investigation Can Steer Your Case Toward Settlement Versus Trial
Our team and the representatives for the at-fault party rely on the accumulated evidence to tell the story of your accident. To build a comprehensive case file, we collect the following evidence:
- Bus accident report with key contact details and investigative notes
- Bus driver training records and driving history
- Bus repair and maintenance records
- Medical records and bills describing your injuries and their costs
- Employment and salary history records for all sources of income
- Accident scene and injury photos and security and dashcam videos
- Lay and expert witness statements and accident scene reconstruction
At Schiller & Hamilton, our bus accident lawyer serving Lancaster takes on the insurance company—big or small—for you. Leave all details and communication to our client-focused, results-driven team.
How We Build Your Case and Advocate for You
Your case is a priority for us, so when our law firm accepts your case, we take all of the following steps for you:
- Investigate your accident
- Gather physical evidence
- Obtain your medical records
- Draft and file your case
- Handle all communication
- Consult relevant experts
- Interview accident witnesses
- Negotiate a settlement
- Provide updates on your case
- Represent you in court, if needed
We are your advocates. Our law firm can protect you from a speedy but insufficient settlement. We are committed to treating you like a person, not a case file, and to giving your case responsive, communicative attention to detail.
Reviews and Accolades for Our Team at Schiller & Hamilton
When previous clients talk about our commitment to their cases, they leave online reviews like these:
- Satisfied Client: “Mr. Schiller was a true professional in every sense of the word…I truly felt cared for…I have no regrets about using such a quality and professional law firm. Top-notch experience…Highly recommend this firm.”
- Mr. and Mrs. Sanders: “Mr. Schiller was the bomb. He was very helpful, and always checked in with us, and we were very pleased. Mr. Schiller always calls back in a timely manner. He was very organized and always listened to us.
- Robert B.: It was awesome. He’s the best attorney I’ve ever encountered. He’s a bulldog in court.”
Read additional reviews from satisfied clients on our testimonials page and see why you can rely on our team for support throughout your case.
Lancaster Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me 1-803-366-0333
Get Your Free Bus Accident Case Review
If you or a loved one was injured in a recent bus accident, our law firm will help you build a strong personal injury compensation case. We take care of all the details and work hard to obtain the best possible outcome for you.
Contact our case review team at Schiller & Hamilton to find out how our Lancaster bus accident lawyer will advocate for you.