If you were injured in a motorbike crash, you may be experiencing physical pain, mental trauma, and financial stress. You may be uncertain about what steps you can take to hold the individuals who caused your accident responsible. If you are in this situation, a Lancaster motorcycle accident lawyer may be able to help.
While you focus on your physical and mental health, a Lancaster personal injury lawyer from our firm could handle the complexities of filing insurance claims and dealing with frustrating insurance adjusters. They could help you seek the compensation you need and deserve.
Recoverable Injuries and Damages After a Motorcycle Crash
The potential for motorcyclists to sustain severe and long-lasting injuries is high. In some cases, these injuries may:
- Prevent individuals from returning to their former occupations
- Necessitate ongoing medical care and treatment
- Cause you to incur thousands of dollars in medical bills
- Make you unable to work during you periods of recovery, if not permanently
- Do serious damage to your motorcycle, to the point where it may be unsalvageable
Available compensation in motorbike crash claims may include both economic and non-economic damages. Common economic damages include compensation for financial losses like those listed above, such as lost current and future wages, medical bills, surgical expenses, and rehabilitation costs.
Non-economic damages may include:
- Pain and suffering caused by both physical and mental distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Disabilities that keep you from walking, talking, controlling emotion, lifting objects, or living without pain
In a worst-case scenario, your loved one may lose their life in a motor vehicle crash. In cases like this, the family of the motorcycle accident victim can pursue both economic and non-economic damages, such as:
- Any medical expenses or pain and suffering your loved one was never compensated for
- Loss of financial support, if the loss of income from your loved one has been hard for your family to cope with
- The loss of your loved one’s comforting presence and guidance in your life
Regardless of the nature and extent of the damages involved, our motorcycle accident attorney in Lancaster may be able to build a strong personal injury claim on behalf of victims and their families.
For a free legal consultation with a Lancaster Motorcycle Accident Lawyer call 1-803-366-0333
Our Lancaster Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You
As an injured motorcyclist, you have enough on your mind. Let Schiller & Hamilton make your life easier by:
- Filing your case before the statute of limitations, defined at S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530, runs out
- Find evidence that proves the liable party owes you compensation
- Determine how much compensation would cover your past and future losses
- Negotiate for a settlement or fight for a jury award
- Handle all paperwork, phone calls, emails, and other forms of communication with the involved parties
With assistance from our personal injury lawyer, you can pursue legal action without trying to handle both the claim and your injury by yourself.
Lancaster Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 1-803-366-0333
Motorcycle Accidents Can Cause Devastating Injuries
Motorcycle riders are at a considerable disadvantage in the event of a collision. Bikes are much lighter and smaller than other vehicles, which often causes them to bear the brunt of any impact. Motorcyclists lack the protections enjoyed by other drivers, such as the frame of a large vehicle, airbags, and seatbelts.
As a result, bikers are far more likely to suffer debilitating and catastrophic injuries in accidents, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Permanent brain damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Deep lacerations
- Road rash and burns
- Broken bones or teeth
Even if riders wear recommended protections, such as helmets and protective clothing, their risk of injury when ejected from a motorcycle is high. The impact with another motor vehicle, a fixed object, or even the ground can cause immediate and catastrophic injuries.
You deserve fair compensation for everything the collision has cost you. We can help you pursue that compensation.
Steps to Take Following a Lancaster Motorcycle Accident
The first step after a motorcycle wreck should be to seek immediate medical attention. Individuals should also notify the police to make a report. Additionally, the following precautions can help protect a victim’s right to any legal claims that they may have:
- Make no statements about the accident to other parties or witnesses, other than to police
- Get names and contact information for any witnesses to the accident
- Take pictures of every detail of the accident scene, including tire marks, debris, visible evidence, and the vehicles
- Document injuries through written descriptions and pictures from the date of the accident until they are fully healed
Individuals also should take the time to write down their account of the incident, including all events that occurred leading up to, during, and after the crash. You can notify your insurance company of the accident, but refrain from giving any written or oral statements until after consulting with Schiller & Hamilton’s motorcycle accident attorney in Lancaster.
Call a Lancaster Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
In some cases, motorcycle wrecks occur due to negligent drivers who disregard traffic signs and signals, disobey traffic laws, or drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol. In other cases, motorists fail to notice motorcyclists until it is too late to avoid a crash. Whatever the case may be, our Lancaster motorcycle accident lawyer can represent the interests of motorcyclists injured due to the negligence of others.
South Carolina law places strict timelines on the ability of victims to file personal injury claims. As a result, you should not hesitate to contact Schiller & Hamilton as quickly as possible following an accident to safeguard any legal claims you may have. We offer free case reviews to all.