In a collision involving a car and a pedestrian, the walker is far more likely to suffer serious injuries than the vehicle’s occupants. If you or someone you love was injured in a negligence-based accident, you could be left with significant injuries and corresponding medical bills. Our Hilton Head pedestrian accident lawyer will guide you through the process of seeking financial compensation.
You do not have to cope with the multi-faceted legal process of pursuing the at-fault driver. At Schiller & Hamilton, we offer free consultations and will represent you on a contingency-fee basis. Our Hilton Head personal injury lawyer will cover all the upfront costs of your case and deal with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. While we do all that, you can concentrate on getting better.
Damages that Can Be Recovered After a Hilton Head Pedestrian Accident
South Carolina law describes the types of damages you can request when you are injured because of someone else’s negligence. According to S.C. Ann. § 15-32-210, the recoverable economic and non-economic damages we can request for you include:
- Injury-related medical expenses
- Therapy and rehabilitation services
- Accident-related losses of income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Property repair or replacement
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Physical impairment or disfigurement
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Wrongful death damages, if applicable
Our case assessment team will create a detailed list of your recoverable damages. With our help, you can avoid overlooking or omitting valid forms of compensation. We also explain how insurance companies handle liability claims and the strategies we employ to recover the compensation you need and deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Hilton Head, call 1-803-366-0333
You Could Have as Few as Three Years to File Your Pedestrian Accident Lawsuit
Like all civil lawsuits, your pedestrian accident case has a filing deadline, also called the statute of limitations, that limits the time you have to sue the driver who caused your accident. According to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530, you generally have three years to file your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
Filing your lawsuit on time is mandatory but can also be confusing since the filing deadline can vary based on certain factors of your accident. It can be hard to interpret the statute of limitations on your own, so the sooner you get our law firm involved in your case, the better.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 1-803-366-0333
The Benefits of Hiring Our Pedestrian Accident Attorney Serving Hilton Head, SC
Our personal injury law firm is dedicated to supporting you throughout your case, and to treating you like a person, not a case file. The legal team at Schiller & Hamilton is focused on fighting for financial recovery for injury victims and recovering damages from the responsible party.
When you hire our personal injury attorney, we will:
- Represent you with compassion, trust, and respect
- Take the stress of building your case off your shoulders
- Complete and submit insurance and court forms and papers
- Canvass the accident scene for photos and video footage
- Speak with all interested parties on your behalf
- Provide ongoing updates on the progress of your case
Our personal injury attorneys also handle the negotiation phase of your case and will represent you in court if a settlement agreement cannot be reached. Our law firm will cover all the upfront expenses of your case and is only compensated after we recover damages for you.
See Why Previous Clients Recommend Our Team at Schiller & Hamilton
The law firm you choose can make a difference in how your case is handled. Of our commitment to outstanding client support, previous clients say:
- “Mr. Schiller was a true professional in every sense of the word. I was kept abreast with all aspects of the case, and I truly felt cared for … I have no regrets using such a quality and professional law firm. Top notch experience … Highly recommend this firm.” – Satisfied Client
- “I have received nothing but great customer service from the Schiller & Hamilton Law Firm. I am very pleased with the service and compassion I received with my case in hand and am grateful to have chosen Schiller & Hamilton Law Firm represent me.” – Tarsha M.
Read additional reviews on our testimonials page and learn more about working with our results-driven law firm.
Why Proving Negligence Is Critical to Your Hilton Head Pedestrian Accident Case
Our pedestrian accident lawyer serving Hilton Head, South Carolina clients has familiarity with personal injury cases, so we know the importance of proving the legal elements of negligence. These include duty of care, breach of duty, causation, and damages.
Our investigation will prove the accident would not have happened but for the at-fault driver’s actions. At Schiller & Hamilton, we prove negligence with a credible evidence collection and use it to drive your case toward a settlement. We will handle compiling evidence and submitting it to the at-fault party and their insurance company for you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Evidence Our Pedestrian Accident Attorney Collects for Hilton Head Accident Victims
Proving the accident’s cause is critical to recovering fair compensation. So is accurately documenting its financial aftermath. Collecting and sorting evidence is an important part of your pedestrian accident case. To prove the at-fault driver caused the accident, our legal team obtains:
- The police report and any related attachments
- Medical, rehabilitation, and therapy records
- A written prognosis describing future medical needs
- Emergency room and first responder reports
- Photos of your injuries and the accident scene
- Statements from lay and expert witnesses
We also collect evidence that proves the accident’s financial impact, including proof of income, property repair estimates, and medical bills. Evidence collection can take time, so we explain the entire process and how long a personal injury claim can take to reach a resolution.
Contact One of Our Hilton Head Pedestrian Accident Team Members
If you or someone you love was injured in a recent pedestrian accident in Hilton Head, we can help you hold the at-fault driver accountable for their actions. We will investigate the accident and negotiate a fair settlement.
Learn more about working with our Hilton Head pedestrian accident lawyer by contacting our case review team at Schiller & Hamilton today. We provide free initial legal consultations.