An accident can leave you with costly physical injuries and the inability to work to support yourself and your family. If you or a loved one was hurt in a motor vehicle crash or another accident caused by negligence, we can help you hold the other party responsible.
At Schiller & Hamilton, our Charleston personal injury lawyer will help you recover your medical bills, lost income, and other damages from the at-fault party and/or their insurance provider. While you get better, our law firm can build your case at no upfront cost.
The Benefits of Working With Our Personal Injury Law Firm
Building your personal injury claim or lawsuit can be an overwhelming task. However, when you turn to our law firm for support, we take on all the hard work for you. Our personal injury attorney will:
- Conduct an independent investigation
- Obtain relevant records, reports, and documents
- Consult medical, financial, and other experts
- Complete and submit necessary forms and paperwork
- Explain each step of the financial recovery process
- Locate and interview accident witnesses
- Draft and file your lawsuit on time
- Provide ongoing updates on your case
Our law firm can also work to steer your case toward an insurance settlement rather than a lengthy trial. In doing so, we can fight hard to negotiate the amount you and your family are entitled to recover.
Our Charleston, South Carolina, Practice Areas
If your injuries resulted from another person’s actions, we can help you recover damages. We will prove the required elements of negligence—duty, breach, damages, and causation—which allows you to pursue the at-fault party.
At Schiller & Hamilton, we represent clients injured in the following types of negligence-based accidents:
- Bicycle accident
- Boat accident
- Bus accident
- Car accident
- Motorcycle accident
- Pedestrian accident
- Truck accident
- Workers’ compensation
- Slip and fall accident
- Dog bites
- Defective product
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Dangerous drug
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Wrongful death
When we build your personal injury case, we can start by constructing a compelling evidence file. The evidence we collect will identify the negligent party and their insurer. It may include the accident or incident report, medical records and bills, and witness statements.
For a free legal consultation with a Charleston Personal Injury Lawyer call 1-803-366-0333
How We Determine the Monetary Value of Your Personal Injury Case
Assessing the value of your case can be more complicated than you think. If our personal injury lawyer takes your case, we can create a detailed list of your expenses and losses and demand compensation accordingly. Recoverable damages in your personal injury case can include:
- Economic damages, such as past, present, and future medical bills and lost income, and property repair or replacement costs
- Non-economic damages, such as disability and disfigurement, pain and suffering, mental and emotional anguish, and loss of enjoyment in life
- Wrongful death damages (where applicable), including funeral, burial, and cremation costs, loss of their financial and familial support, and loss of consortium, society, and guidance.
Every personal injury case will have a unique monetary value. At Schiller & Hamilton, we can strive to recover the best possible compensation for you and your family.
South Carolina Filing Deadlines That Affect Your Potential Lawsuit
According to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530, you generally have three years from the date of the accident to file your personal injury lawsuit or from the date of a loved one’s demise to file your wrongful death lawsuit.
The sooner you put our personal injury attorney to work on your case, the better. If the filing deadline expires, you could be prohibited from filing your lawsuit. Even if you do manage to file it late, the at-fault party and their representative might request its dismissal.
With prompt intervention, we work hard to prepare and file your lawsuit within the allotted time and avoid the costly consequences of non-compliance.
Charleston Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 1-803-366-0333
What It Means to Be a Schiller & Hamilton Personal Injury Client
You do not have to take on the at-fault party and their insurer alone. Our law firm is passionate about pursuing compensation for injury victims. We offer compassionate legal services and support focused on you and your unique legal needs.
We give free consultations and even work on a contingency fee basis. Our payment structure is risk-free. You will pay nothing up front, and we will cover all necessary expenses. We only receive compensation if you do.
See What Our Reviews Say About Our Commitment to Our Clients
When previous clients share their experiences on our testimonials page, they leave reviews and accolades like the following:
- Andy K.: I was rear-ended by a driver who admitted he was totally at fault…I trust [and] recommended Bennett Schiller…there was always constant communication…so I never felt like I was on my own. Thank you…I really appreciate what you have done for me.
- Deborah I. C.: I walked into Schiller & Hamilton Law Firm met with Mr. Schiller and Donna, his paralegal, and told them, I need your help…This firm and their staff treated me like family, and I am sure this is how he has built his reputation in the community.
Your case is important to every member of our personal injury team, so we work hard to give it the time and attention to detail it needs.
Consult Our Personal Injury Team Member Today
If you or someone you love was injured in an accident caused by the negligence of another person or entity, you could be entitled to seek compensation from the at-fault party or their insurer.
Contact one of our Schiller & Hamilton case review team members to learn more about how our Charleston personal injury lawyer can serve you.