Is someone else’s negligence responsible for your Lyft accident in Bluffton? Our lawyers can find evidence of the at-fault party’s liability and negotiate hard for the settlement you need to rebuild your life.
Schiller & Hamilton’s Bluffton car accident lawyer is here to help people like you recover financial compensation for physical, financial, and psychological suffering. These damages would ensure you do not have to worry about money matters as you heal from your injuries and plan your next steps.
How Lyft Accident Compensation Helps You
The money you get from a lawsuit can help you afford everything you need, especially if you are unable to work for an extended period of time.
Unfortunately, insurers often try to get away with paying less than accident survivors deserve. The insurance company may prioritize their well-being over yours, but at Schiller & Hamilton, our only goal is to help you fight for the compensation you need to:
- Cover all of your past and future medical expenses, including the cost of prescriptions, hospital stays, assistive devices, and home renovations to accommodate permanent disabilities
- Pay to repair or replace your car and any other valuable property you lost in the crash
- Be fairly reimbursed for intangible losses, including physical pain, emotional trauma, reduced quality of life, and loss of consortium
- Support your family while you are unable to go to work and earn a living wage, even if you are never able to hold down a full-time job ever again
Quantifying Your Damages
How can you be sure that your lawsuit asks for enough compensation to cover all of your needs, both now and in the future? This is a key question that must be addressed early on because:
- You will need to justify the amount you ask for to the insurance company.
- You can only sue once, so you cannot ask the insurer for more money down the line if you find you have additional expenses.
- You need this money to support yourself and your family.
A car accident attorney from Schiller & Hamilton can use various methods to make sure the amount you ask for is fair and appropriate. For example, we can look at evidence from medical records to determine how much your medical costs are worth.
For a free legal consultation with a Bluffton Lyft Accident Lawyer call 1-803-366-0333
Fighting Your Lyft Accident Case With Our Help
Getting a fair settlement after a Lyft accident is not necessarily easy. You could face many challenges, including:
- Determining whose insurance company to target. Should you approach the driver’s insurer or Lyft’s insurer? That depends on what the Lyft vehicle was doing at the time of the crash.
- The insurance company’s reluctance to pay. They may try to undervalue your claim or even accuse you of causing the accident.
- Your injuries. When you are in pain and need to focus on getting treatment, it is very hard to concentrate on anything else, especially something as complex as legal action.
Our trusted, compassionate team of lawyers can tackle these and all other challenges associated with your suit. You can expect us to:
- Find the liable party: In multi-car crashes involving Lyft vehicles, the at-fault party is not always the obvious one. We investigate each case very carefully to make sure we target the right party.
- Build a strong case file: By collecting evidence from as many different sources as possible, we can create a compelling case file that may persuade the insurance company to offer the settlement you are entitled to receive.
- Communicate with others: You do not have to speak directly to the liable party or their insurer. In fact, it is safer to let us do the talking so the insurer does not get a chance to misrepresent your words.
- Negotiate a fair settlement: You deserve enough money to cover your expenses and compensate you for unnecessary suffering. We can meet with the insurer and pressure them to pay the amount we all know you need.
- Fight for a fair jury award: In cases where obtaining a pretrial settlement is just not possible, we are willing and able to take the case to court. There, we represent our clients before a judge and jury and argue fiercely for a monetary award.
Along the way, our Bluffton Lyft accident lawyer will keep you informed and involved. We contact our clients with regular case updates, and we make sure you understand what is happening so you can make the right decisions.
Bluffton Lyft Accident Lawyer Near Me 1-803-366-0333
Finding the Right Lyft Accident Attorney
Rideshare accidents present unique challenges, so you will want to be extra careful about the attorney you hire to handle your case. At Schiller & Hamilton, we have:
- Over 25 years of experience with personal injury cases
- Handled many kinds of car accident cases, including those that involved Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare vehicles
- A strong reputation as a respected and trusted law firm that fights hard to get the job done
- Compassion for your situation and a genuine desire to make sure you get the money you and your family deserve after a negligence-related crash
- The willingness and the patience to answer your questions and explain your rights in as much detail as you want
- A contract that states we do not get paid any attorney’s fees unless and until we put money in your pocket
While you should not rush into something as important as a lawsuit or hiring a lawyer, you should not delay too long, either. According to the state’s statute of limitations, found at S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530, personal injury cases are only valid if filed within three years of the accident date.
Our legal team is here to answer any questions you have, both before and after you hire us.
Act Fast After Your Lyft Accident
The sooner you get in touch with Schiller & Hamilton, the sooner we can put one of our Bluffton Lyft accident lawyers on your case. Call us for a free case review so we can start educating you about your rights and legal options and how a settlement could provide you peace of mind.