Rock Hill Motorcycle Accident Injuries Lawyer
Rock Hill personal injury attorney Bennett Schiller owns a Harley, rides dirt bikes with his kids, and knows all about the risks that bikers face every time they take a motorcycle into traffic. If you have suffered the misfortune of a motorcycle accident, it makes sense to work with a legal team that understands how your crash occurred, the severity of your injuries, and what it will take to recover full compensation.
An attorney’s ability to protect your interests through preserving evidence and dealing with insurers improves the sooner you get legal advice. Contact Schiller & Hamilton in Rock Hill or Lancaster for A Complimentary Strategy Session with a knowledgeable Rock Hill motorcycle accident injuries lawyer.
Check Out What Our Clients Say About Us
We are grateful that so many of our clients take the time to post testimonials about our services. Here are a few of our five-star reviews on Google:
- “I have been going to Joel for over ten years, and I have always had a great experience. The customer service is amazing, and his work ethic is unmatched. Joel is honest and goes out of his way to help his clients. I have comfort knowing that whenever I need help, Joel is just one phone call away.” Joycelyn W.
- “Our teenage daughter was seriously injured while a passenger in a vehicle and was admitted to a hospital. I contacted Joel Hamilton and gave him the pertinent information. He met with us the next day and had already sent his investigator to take pictures of the vehicle. Fortunately his quick action allowed the investigator to take the pictures just prior to the vehicle being removed to an unknown location.
- Joel handled everything for us from beginning to end. He got three different settlements for our daughter from the driver’s insurance company. He also called often to check on our daughter’s condition. They really care about their clients, and it shows.” Tom
- “Schiller &Hamilton is an outstanding professional firm. Everytime I went to them they explain everything that they could do. They never told me no. They said we will see what we can do. In all of my cases they were able to get me a great settlement. I will trust them with any legal case I may have in the future.” Reneely
Come find out for yourself how we treat our clients. You can contact us today to get started.
Proving Your Rock Hill Motorcycle Accident Injury Case
It’s not enough to show that a bike crash was someone else’s fault. To protect the value of your personal injury claim, you also need to prove the nature and extent of specific injuries. If your injuries are especially severe, you’ll need additional evidence, usually presented by medical experts, about your future treatment needs and the likelihood of a permanent disability.
As experienced personal injury lawyers, we know how to work with clients and their families, treating physicians, consulting doctors, rehabilitation experts, and other professionals to make sure that the complete story of your accident’s consequences is presented in clear terms — first to the insurance company, and if necessary to a jury at trial.
How to Establish the Fault of the Negligent Party After a Rock Hill Motorcycle Accident
We cannot automatically file an injury claim or lawsuit against everyone who was in the motorcycle accident that injured you. People are held responsible for someone else’s losses only if they are legally liable for the harm. We must prove all four of these factors to hold someone accountable for your injuries and losses from a Rock Hill motorcycle accident:
- The person owed you a duty of care. If the individual who caused the accident was another driver, they had a duty to drive carefully and obey the rules of the road.
- The defendant violated their legal obligation. Let’s say the individual drove a car while under the influence of alcohol. Driving while drunk breaks the law, which is automatically negligence.
- The negligence must be what caused the accident. If the defendant crashed into your motorbike because of their intoxication, the causation element of liability is satisfied.
- You must have measurable losses. If you suffered physical injuries, your situation meets this fourth required component of legal liability.
We can pursue the at-fault party for money damages if we can prove all four of these factors occurred in your Rock Hill motorcycle accident case.
Other Parties Who Could Be Liable for a Rock Hill Motorcycle Crash
Other drivers are not the only parties who can cause a motorcycle accident. For example:
- A passenger riding on your motorcycle with you could cause a crash by engaging in horseplay.
- A defect in the design or manufacture of the motorcycle could cause an accident.
- A repair that used an inferior part or was performed incorrectly could be at fault.
- Substandard design of the street, poor street maintenance, or inadequate lighting could make the municipality liable.
- A third party who caused debris or a spill to be on the road’s surface could be responsible for the crash.
Sometimes, more than one party causes or contributes to causing a motorbike collision. In that situation, we can go after all the negligent parties and let the judge apportion the fault and responsibility.
Types of Damages in Rock Hill Motorcycle Accident Claims
We help people recover the financial compensation they need for the full range of motorcycle accident injuries in South Carolina, including injuries like these:
- Lacerations or road rash
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Internal organ damage
- Severe soft tissue injury to the shoulder, ankle, knee, or wrist
- Neck or back injuries
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Neurological damage from brachial plexus injury to paralysis or quadriplegia
Motorcycle Crashes Can Cause Severe, Life-Changing Injuries
Your medical expenses could include the ambulance, emergency room, surgery, X-rays, doctors, hospital, prescription drugs, and physical therapy. After a severe motorcycle crash, you might need extended treatment in a specialized rehabilitation facility.
Some catastrophic injuries make a person unable to provide their own care afterward. In these situations, the wounded individual might need to stay in a long-term care center to receive the daily assistance they need with medical treatments and personal care. The party who caused the collision through negligence should bear this financial cost, not the injured person.
Other Types of Recoverable Money Damages After Getting Hurt in a Motorcycle Accident
In addition to the reasonable medical bills to treat your wounds, you might be eligible to seek compensation for other money damages, like:
- Lost income if you did not get paid for the time you could not work because of your injuries or medical treatments.
- Future lost income if you develop ongoing impairment from your injuries that leaves you unable to earn as much money as before the crash.
- Future medical bills if you need additional medical intervention for your wounds.
- Pain and suffering to compensate you for the physical discomfort, inconvenience, and emotional distress of the collision and your wounds.
- Other intangible losses like disfigurement and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) from the accident.
You will want to talk to a Rock Hill motorcycle accident injury lawyer about all the ways the motorcycle collision affects your life.
Why You Can Easily Afford to Hire a Lawyer to Handle Your Motorcycle Injury Claim
You do not have to pay any upfront legal fees to get our help with your Rock Hill accident case. We accept contingency fees when handling personal injury claims like these. We do not charge by the hour for our work on contingency fee matters.
With a contingency fee arrangement, you do not pay any money at the beginning or during the case. We get paid from the settlement proceeds or jury award. No matter how many hours we have to work on your case, we receive only a set percentage of the amount you win.
Contact a Rock Hill Motorcycle Injury Attorney at Schiller & Hamilton Law Firm Today!
For additional information about our approach to client service in the proof of motorcycle injury claims, contact Schiller & Hamilton in Rock Hill, Indian Land, or Beaufort.
We offer a free initial consultation with no obligation. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. At Schiller & Hamilton, we do not get paid unless you win.
We treat our clients like family, and we work tirelessly to get you the best possible result in your circumstances. You can contact us now to get started.