After a rideshare accident in Fort Mill, South Carolina, it is a good idea to consult our personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. We may be able to get the responsible party’s insurance policy to cover your losses, including lost wages and medical expenses.
Everyone deserves to be represented by an attorney who is dedicated to their cause. A Fort Mill car accident lawyer with Schiller & Hamilton can fight your case while you take all the time you need to get treatment and recover physically and emotionally.
What to Do After a Rideshare Accident
Your first move after any accident should be to get medical care.
Once you are no longer in any danger, consider your legal situation. You deserve compensation from the liable party, but do you have the time and mental energy to spare on a lawsuit right now?
With over 25 years of experience, the team at Schiller & Hamilton can handle your case for you. We are ready and willing to provide you with all of the following services, among others:
Providing Personalized Service
Your case is unique, and so are you. Our Fort Mill rideshare accident lawyer understands that. Schiller & Hamilton takes care of our clients by:
- Offering free case reviews to everyone who calls, even if they decide not to hire us
- Working for a contingency fee so that our clients pay no attorney’s fees until they have recovered financial compensation
- Updating them about what is happening with their case
- Providing professional yet compassionate advice about how to handle their case and pursue the right amount of money
You might have to wait months or years for the resolution of your case. Schiller & Hamilton can fight by your side for as long as it takes. This is why so many South Carolinians trust us to get the job done.
There are many sources we can go to for information about your accident’s cause and consequences, such as:
- You: Did you take photos of the scene or write down the other driver’s insurance information? Have you saved bills from your healthcare provider?
- The authorities: We can request a copy of the car accident report to further our understanding of what happened to you.
- Your doctor: Your medical records can give us a complete picture of what treatments you have received and what effects those treatments had.
Fighting for Maximum Compensation
There may be more than one way to go after the money you need. In many cases, we first try to negotiate a pretrial settlement with the insurance company. This process involves:
- Meeting with the insurance company’s representatives
- Presenting our side of the story while they present theirs
- Working hard to persuade them that our case is so strong that they would not win in court, so they should offer a fair settlement now
- Drawing up a settlement agreement for both sides to sign and abide by
Another way to pursue compensation is by going to court. If successful, you would get a jury award after we persuade a jury of your peers that your case is valid.
For a free legal consultation with a Fort Mill Rideshare Accident Lawyer call 1-803-366-0333
You Deserve Compensation After a Rideshare Accident
If someone else caused your rideshare accident, it does not matter what role you yourself played. Whether you were a rideshare driver, a third-party driver, or a passenger in any vehicle, you have the right to seek financial compensation from the liable party.
Your case could make you eligible for reimbursement for financial expenses and losses, such as:
- Property damage: Paying to repair or replace your car can be very expensive. Doing so may be especially urgent if you are a rideshare driver who depends on your car for income.
- Medical costs: This could include the cost of medication, therapy, assistive devices, surgery, or even travel expenses you incurred by traveling far from home for treatment.
- Lost income: Did you have to stay home from work while your injuries healed? A claim or lawsuit could get you reimbursement for the income and benefits you lost.
In addition, you could collect compensation on the basis of your bodily injuries, such as:
- Reduced quality of life: Whether temporary or permanent, rideshare accident injuries are a major inconvenience. You might have trouble getting dressed in the morning, taking care of your children, or meeting friends socially.
- Pain and suffering: Do not ignore your physical and psychological pain when listing your accident-related losses. Anguish and trauma are in and of themselves compensable damages.
- Disability: Rideshare crashes can cause head injuries, paralysis and nerve damage, bone fractures, and amputation. All of these qualify as a disability.
As your attorney, part of our job would be to identify the damages you qualify for, calculate how much money you deserve, and fight tirelessly to get you that money.
Fort Mill Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 1-803-366-0333
Rideshare Accidents and the Law
There are many laws and regulations that could impact how and when you get compensation for a rideshare accident. For instance, S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530 typically gives you three years from the accident date to begin a lawsuit. Waiting longer than that could prompt the court to reject your case without even hearing it.
In addition, rideshare services like Uber and Lyft have their own rules about when their insurer will cover accident damages and when the driver’s insurer must do so. For example, if the Lyft or Uber driver isn’t logged on to the app during the crash, their personal insurance would take care of the damages. If they were logged on to the app and waiting for a ride, the rideshare company’s insurance would cover whatever the driver’s personal auto insurer wouldn’t.
However, if the driver was transporting a passenger or on their way to pick one up, the rideshare company’s insurer would be on the hook for compensation. This can make it confusing for a layperson to figure out who to hold financially accountable. With Schiller & Hamilton on your side, you could leave all of these legal challenges to us while you focus on getting the rest you need to recover as fully as possible.
Our Rideshare Accident Lawyer Wants to Help
Ready to learn more about how Schiller & Hamilton can help with your case? Contact us today. After a Fort Mill rideshare accident, our lawyer can pursue the compensation you need—and we can do so without charging any attorney’s fees up front.