Our Commitment to Community
When you’ve been in business for more than two decades, you know that your foundation is the community you serve. At Schiller & Hamilton, we appreciate the people and the organizations that make our community great.
That’s why we set aside special funding each year to support local organizations, events and projects that make our community a better place to live for everyone.
Just a few of the local organizations and events we support include:
- Beaufort Charities: A philanthropic organization focused on supporting worthy causes in the northern part of the county, Beaufort Charities is host to the oldest non-profit golf tournament in the state. It also raises money through a popular Oyster Roast and has started a Clubs for Kids program to teach children the joys of golf.
- Boys & Girls Clubs: We all know it takes a village to raise a child, and the Boys & Girls Clubs play a big role in many children’s lives. The Boys & Girls Clubs of York County aim to inspire and enable young people to graduate from high school and become successful members of the community.
- Children’s Attention Home: Our law firm believes that every child deserves a safe and nurturing home. That’s one of the reasons we support this amazing York County organization that provides temporary shelter for children who have been removed from their homes due to abuse or neglect.
- Christmasville: We love nothing more during the holidays than to take our families down to Old Town Rock Hill for the annual Christmasville celebration. It warms our hearts to support this winter holiday village and festival, which features horse-drawn carriage rides, historic tours, carolers, art, music and dancing, a gingerbread house contest, and an ice skating rink.
- Come-See-Me Festival: We are proud to support this action-packed Rock Hill event, which includes 10 days of food, music, sports, children’s activities, fireworks, fun and ─ of course ─ frogs.
- Ducks Unlimited: As avid sportsmen, we believe it is important to conserve sensitive wetlands areas that are home to our local waterfowl population. That’s why we support Ducks Unlimited in its impressive habitat conservation efforts.
- Fraternal Order of Police: We respect and support the many law enforcement officers who protect and serve our community. So we support the FOP, which works to improve working conditions for law enforcement officers and safety in our communities.
- Friends of Caroline Hospice: Losing a loved one is never easy. For more than 37 years, the non-profit Friends of Caroline Hospice has provided Beaufort County residents with the quality end-of-life care and support they need, while offering hope and encouragement to families.
- Ramah Juco Rams Football: As football fans, we appreciate the dedication it takes for young athletes to make the jump from high school to college and the pros. The Ramah Juco football program aims to help young student athletes achieve college eligibility and obtain an athletic scholarship at a four-year university while continuing to play after high school.