Resolving a rideshare car accident case can be more complicated than one between private vehicle owners. Determining fault might be straightforward, but establishing financial liability and which insurance company to pursue for compensation can be difficult. You do not have to figure these issues out alone, though.
At Schiller & Hamilton, our South Carolina car accident lawyer will investigate your Lyft accident, identify the right party to pursue, and take on their insurance company. We aim to recover your lost income, car repair or replacement, and additional recoverable damages. We will review your case at no cost or obligation to you and explain the steps we will take to achieve the compensation you are entitled to receive.
Compensable Damages in a South Carolina Rideshare Accident Case
Every car accident case is different and will result in a unique set of recoverable damages. Even two people injured in the same accident will not seek identical compensation. Our South Carolina car accident lawyer will calculate your specific damages and request compensation accordingly.
Recoverable economic damages can include:
- Known and anticipated medical expenses
- Known and anticipated lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Property damage costs
Recoverable non-economic damages can include:
- Physical impairment
- Lasting disfigurement
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If the Rideshare Accident Resulted in a Wrongful Death
Recoverable wrongful death damages, where applicable, include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of the decedent’s income
- Loss of their domestic support
- Loss of consortium and guidance
- Loss of society and companionship
We work hard to avoid having your case undervalued or underpaid. We will fight to settle your case without going to court but will prepare your evidence for trial, if necessary.
The Statute of Limitations on Rideshare Accidents in South Carolina
You generally have three years to file your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, according to S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530. Missing or miscalculating the filing deadline could prevent you from filing your lawsuit.
The sooner you contact our law firm, the more time our South Carolina personal injury lawyers have to investigate your accident, speak to witnesses while their memories are vivid, and avoid the costly consequences of filing your lawsuit too late.
For a free legal consultation with a South Carolina Rideshare Accident Lawyer call 1-803-366-0333
How Financial Liability Is Determined After a Rideshare Accident
To determine financial liability and whose insurance company to pursue, we must establish the driver’s rideshare app status during the crash.
In general, the rideshare driver’s private insurance policy should cover the accident if the driver was off the app. It should also provide coverage if they were on the app but not actively working.
At Schiller & Hamilton, our rideshare accident lawyer serving South Carolina will pursue the rideshare company’s insurance if their driver was on the app, actively transporting a passenger, or on their way to pick a passenger up.
Evidence Our Rideshare Accident Attorneys Will Collect for You
To prove the cause of your accident and define any contributing factors, we will build a solid case file. Our goal is to use its contents to steer your case toward a settlement instead of a trial. The evidence we may collect for you will include:
- The rideshare driver’s driving and work history
- Medical records and bills that document your injuries
- Your employment and salary history records
- Your car accident report and any attachments
- Accident scene photos and video footage
- Reports from emergency medical first responders
- Photos of your injuries
- Statements from lay and expert accident witnesses
We will handle evidence collection for you rather than taxing you or your family with compiling and organizing the evidence we need.
South Carolina Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 1-803-366-0333
How Schiller & Hamilton Advocates for Rideshare Accident Victims
You do not have to prepare your case for the settlement process or for court on your own. Our rideshare accident attorney will provide legal guidance and support at every phase of the financial recovery process. To strengthen and support your case, we will:
- Obtain your accident report and medical records
- Calculate the monetary value of your case
- Prove the at-fault driver’s negligence
- Canvass the scene for photos and video footage
- Speak with all relevant parties on your behalf
- Complete and submit insurance claim forms
- Respond to your case-related questions and concerns
Our team will provide ongoing updates as your case progresses, so you’re always in the know.
See Why Satisfied Clients Recommend Our Personal Injury Law Firm
Our law firm works hard to meet our client’s needs and to earn reviews and accolades like the following on our testimonials page:
- Andy K.: I was rear-ended by a driver who admitted he was totally at fault…A person I trust recommended Bennett Schiller and I liked him the first time we met. It was clear that he … would do his absolute best for me…I really appreciate what you have done for me.”
- Heather B.: I had never had to use a lawyer before so I was a bit nervous about the process. It could not have been easier. I went in, explained my situation and Bennett and his staff took it from there … I will most definitely be using them again.
Your case is a priority for every member of our client-focused team, so we treat you like a person, not a case file.
Your Rideshare Accident Case Review Is Free
If you or someone you love was injured in an auto accident involving a rideshare vehicle, your request for compensation can be complicated, but we can help. Our South Carolina rideshare accident lawyer will handle your case from the investigation to resolution. Leave dealing with the insurance company to us.
Get started by contacting Schiller & Hamilton today. We don’t charge anything upfront and only collect our fee if we obtain compensation for you.