Motorcyclists are taking a risk when they share the road with other vehicles. Most other vehicles are bigger and heavier than motorcycles, meaning they can cause serious damage when accidents occur. Motorcycle riders deserve the same consideration as all other road users. If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation.
Our motorcycle accident lawyer understands the laws that apply to your case. If you’ve been hurt or lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, we are here to help you. An attorney from Schiller & Hamilton can help you file an insurance claim or lawsuit.
How Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Help Your Case
Our motorcycle accident attorneys understand the language of insurance companies dealing with personal injury cases. We can guide you through the labyrinth of forms and legal processes to help you find your way to a clear resolution of your case.
We invite you to a free consultation where we listen to your story and offer suggestions for the next steps. Should you decide to continue with Schiller & Hamilton, our lawyers will:
- Act as your spokesperson with the insurance companies and other involved parties
- Gather evidence such as police reports, dashcam footage, photos of the damage to your motorcycle and your injuries, medical records, and eyewitness statements, all of which will be analyzed by our accident investigators
- Establish liability for the accident
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf for an appropriate compensation settlement
- Prepare for trial and represent you in court should a settlement not be reached before this step
Why Choose Schiller & Hamilton for Your Motorcycle Accident Case
Our South Carolina personal injury attorneys have spent more than two decades supporting and representing people just like you, helping them to recover millions of dollars in compensation. We are available to our clients through email, phone, or online chats. When you contact us for a consultation, you can explain the details of your case and have all your questions answered.
Our attorneys excel at what they do and have accumulated numerous accolades, such as Top 40 Under 40, America’s Top 100 Attorneys, and The National Trial Lawyers Top 100.
We are strong community members who believe in giving back. We proudly sponsor many deserving charities and events—a sampling includes:
- Bikers Against Bullies/Beaufort, SC Chapter
- The 13th Annual Beaufort River Swim
- Ramah Juco Rams Football
- Friends of Caroline Hospice
Our clients also leave great reviews about our firm. They say:
- “Bennett and Liz immediately took my son and me in during a very confusing time in our lives. Their warm and family demeanor with us was exactly what we needed at the time. They continue to go above and beyond any expectations that we had and quickly removed any doubt that they had our best interest in mind at all times!” — Tim H.
- “If you ride, you need an attorney that rides as well. Bennett doesn’t just own a motorcycle he rides. He handled my motorcycle accident professionally and quickly. If 5 stars is tops then the Schiller & Hamilton Law Firm gets 6.” — Mac M.
For a free legal consultation with a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer call 1-803-366-0333
Damages You Can Recover With the Help of Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
There are usually costs involved with being in an accident, although most of us don’t think about such things until they happen to us. You can file a case to recover compensation for your financial and intangible losses.
You Could Recover Economic Damages After a Motorcycle Collision
The financial losses you experience associated with your accident are compensable, meaning it’s expected that you can be reimbursed for the money you had to spend due to the accident. Your economic damages could include:
- Medical costs
- Lost income
- Loss of future earnings
- Property loss, replacement, or repair
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of financial support
Non-Economic Damages Motorcycle Accident Victims Can Pursue
Some losses are less obviously associated with a specific dollar amount. Our team can assign a financial value to your non-economic losses. Some damages that fall into this category include:
- The pain and suffering you experience during and after the accident
- The overall disruption to your life
- The distress and anxiety you may experience because of the crash
- The shock and lifelong changes you experience due to disfigurement or disability
- The loss of your partner’s companionship or your parent’s guidance
South Carolina Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 1-803-366-0333
We Can Help You File a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit on Time
There are deadlines associated with personal injury cases in South Carolina. For instance, you usually have three years from the date of the accident to file your lawsuit according to S.C. Ann. §15-3-530.
Beginning the process of building your case soon after the accident is helpful as eyewitnesses may be hard to find months or years later. Evidence, which is easy to find just after the accident, may get lost with the passage of time. Don’t wait to get started on your lawsuit.
Affording a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
The idea of hiring professional help while paying unexpected bills from an injury can feel overwhelming. The good news is that our goal is to alleviate financial stress, not add to it.
We offer a free initial consultation. At that time, we listen as you explain the events surrounding your accident and we answer your questions.
If you decide you would like us to work with you, you will not pay any attorneys’ fees unless we successfully help you recover appropriate compensation for your losses. We work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning our payment is taken from your final settlement. You won’t owe us anything out-of-pocket.
Contact Us to Learn More about Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Today
If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident, please call us today. We are here and ready to help you. Our firm has experience working with motorcycle accident victims, and we can help you file a claim or lawsuit.
Start pursuing justice today. Call us for your free initial consultation.