In 2020, there were 13.49 fatal truck collisions per million people in the United States, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). It’s an unfortunate reality that the average passenger vehicle and its occupants are likely to suffer serious injuries when involved in a truck accident. If you were injured in a truck accident, or your loved one passed away because of a collision, our truck accident lawyer can explain your legal options.
Our attorneys at Schiller & Hamilton understand the challenges you face when recovering from a truck crash. Added to the battle of physical recovery is the daunting task of facing truck owners and insurance companies on your own. We will fight by your side in your pursuit of a fair settlement or judgment.
Our Truck Accident Lawyer Will Fight for Compensation
Each crash is different, so the amount of compensation you can recover will depend on the details of your case. The injuries sustained, the property damaged, and the circumstances that contributed to the accident all play a part in helping to determine the amount of compensation you may receive.
You could pursue compensation for your economic and non-economic losses, including:
- Medical bills: Medical expenses usually include any of the costs associated with your care, such as transportation to and from treatment, surgery, emergency room visits, physical and mental therapy, rehab, short-term or long-term assisted living, prosthetics, medical devices, and medicine.
- Property damage: Compensation for property damage could include the repair or replacement of your damaged vehicle and any belongings that were damaged in the crash.
- Loss of current or future income: Injuries sustained in an accident may prevent you from working for a while. The long-term result of those injuries may mean you can no longer work in your chosen career and must take a job that pays less, or not work at all. The loss of or change in your income is a compensable cost.
- Pain and suffering: During and after the accident, you may experience physical pain and suffering associated with the crash and your injuries. This may require long-term treatment, which you can pursue compensation for.
- Wrongful death: If you lost a loved one in a truck crash, you have our deepest condolences. It is a sad fact that such a loss brings with it costs, such as funeral and burial expenses, outstanding medical bills, loss of financial support for dependents, loss of a partner’s companionship, and a child’s parental care.
Once we understand the details of your truck accident, we can build a case that outlines all the ways the crash affected your life. If you suffered financially, psychically, or mentally, you could recover compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a Truck Accident Lawyer call 1-803-366-0333
The Role of Our Truck Accident Attorney in the Aftermath of a Crash
While you work on recovering, our truck accident attorneys at Schiller & Hamilton handle all the legal aspects of your case for you. We fight by your side as you pursue justice and a fair compensation settlement.
We guide you through the legal process by:
- Communicating on your behalf with insurance companies, truck owners, and the liable party
- Investigating the accident by speaking with eyewitnesses and collecting statements, gathering audio and visual data of the accident along with electronic data from the truck, and confirming the weather and state of the roads at the time of the accident. We will also gather medical records and police reports, and review the mechanical history of the vehicles involved in the accident
- Identifying potentially liable parties, such as the truck driver, truck owner, truck manufacturer, truck parts manufacturers, shipping company and specific cargo loaders, and road maintenance department or agency
- Helping to negotiate with insurance companies for an appropriate settlement
- Preparing for trial and representing you in court if an out-of-court settlement cannot be reached
Our Truck Accident Lawyers at Schiller & Hamilton Can Benefit Your Case
Our attorneys have spent more than 20 years in South Carolina as fierce advocates for people just like you who have been injured or lost a loved one.
We pride ourselves on being available night and day for our clients and it’s through our work as a team that we’ve helped clients harmed in accidents recover tens of millions of dollars. Some of the accolades we’ve received include:
- The National Trial Lawyers — Top 100
- AVVO’s Clients’ Choice
- Million Dollars Advocates Forum
- NAOPIA (National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys) Top 10
- America’s Top 100 Attorneys
- Top 40 Under 40
We are strong members of our community, showing our support in numerous ways for a variety of organizations, such as:
- Beaufort Charities
- Boys and Girls Clubs
- Children’s Attention Home
- 2022 Come-See-Me Road Race
- Virtual Beach Ball Fundraiser
- Ducks Unlimited
- Fraternal Order of Police
- Beaufort Jasper YMCA
What Our Clients Say After Working With Our Accident Attorneys
Our clients trust us to handle every aspect of their cases. When they work with us, they say:
- “It was excellent. Mr. Schiller was the bomb. He was very helpful, always checked in with us, and we were very pleased. Mr. Schiller always calls back in a timely manner. He was very organized and always listened to us.” —Mr. and Mrs. Sanders
- “It was very excellent, I am actually going to have them handle another case for me and will be referring them to others. They handled everything professionally and communicated with me every step of the way. When I was tired of going to the doctor and just wanted to settle the case, they were right there behind me. Great people and firm.” —Harvey R.
We have plenty of experience handling truck accident cases. We can explain your options for pursuing compensation when you contact our team.
South Carolina Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 1-803-366-0333
Contact Us Today to Find Out More About Our Truck Accident Attorneys
If you have been injured or lost a loved one to a truck accident, please call us today. We want to hear your story and can help you fight for compensation. There is no charge for the initial consultation and you will pay no attorney’s fees unless we help you successfully recover fair compensation. Call us today to get started.