A catastrophic injury can negatively impact your life, especially financially. These types of serious injuries often result in costly medical bills and lost income if you need to take time off work to recover. If someone else’s negligence is the cause of your injuries and financial losses, you can seek compensation.
Obtaining the services of a catastrophic injury lawyer from Schiller & Hamilton allows you to take the time you need to heal. We will handle your legal case so you can focus on your recovery.
How Our Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Can Benefit Your Case
Having a catastrophic injury attorney on your side means you have an advocate who will look out for your best interests. The liable party and their insurance provider could attempt to settle your case quickly, offering you a settlement that is lower than you deserve.
Our law firm has more than 20 years of experience handling personal injury cases. When you hire our team, we will:
- Offer legal guidance: We understand the ins and outs of the insurance system and the legal process, so we can guide you every step of the way as we seek compensation on your behalf.
- Collect evidence: We will investigate the cause of your injuries to determine liability and collect evidence such as video footage, photographs, witness accounts, expert opinions, police reports, safety records, inspection logs, and medical records to strengthen your case.
- Assess your legal options: We will explain your options to recover damages, including filing a claim with your insurer, filing a claim with the liable party’s insurer, and filing a lawsuit.
- Determine the value of your case: We will calculate the value of your case to determine how much compensation you are entitled to receive, taking into account your economic and non-economic damages. This will also help us determine if settlement offers are fair or not.
- Negotiate a fair settlement: We will enter into negotiations with the insurance company, so you don’t have to stress about doing it yourself. Our goal is to reach a fair settlement that will adequately cover your losses.
- Communicate with you: We will regularly communicate with you and answer your questions so you remain up to date on the status of your case.
- Represent you in court: We are not afraid to take your case to court if necessary. We can prepare you for trial and represent you in hearings.
You are not alone in your fight for justice. A catastrophic injury requires you to focus on your recovery, which is why we will handle all the details of your legal case.
For a free legal consultation with a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer call 1-803-366-0333
Our Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Can Help You Recover Damages
Catastrophic injuries are usually costly to treat and could require years of physical therapy and long-term care. Compensation can cover these financial burdens, so you don’t have to worry about paying the cost of another person’s negligence.
Our firm can seek economic and non-economic damages on your behalf. In a catastrophic injury case, you could recover the following types of damages:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income and benefits
- Pain & suffering
- Emotional distress
- Funeral expenses
- Physical therapy
- Mental anguish
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Costs of childcare
- Home services
We offer our heartfelt condolences if you lost a loved one in an accident, and we will support you by handling your case while you take time to grieve. We can explain how a wrongful death case works when you reach out to us.
South Carolina Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me 1-803-366-0333
You Can Hire Our Catastrophic Injury Lawyer at No Upfront Cost
You and your family do not have to worry about the cost of hiring our catastrophic injury lawyer because we work on a contingency-fee basis. You do not pay us anything until your case is won or settled.
We will receive a reasonable percentage of the compensation we recover for you as payment for our services. Your lawyer will explain how this works in more detail when we discuss your case.
We Will Meet the Lawsuit Filing Deadline in Your Catastrophic Injury Case
You don’t have forever to file a lawsuit in pursuit of compensation for your catastrophic injury. The deadline to file a personal injury lawsuit in South Carolina is three years according to S.C. Ann. §15-3-530. The statute of limitations to file a wrongful death lawsuit is also three years.
However, there are exceptions that may apply to your case. These exceptions could give you even less time to file your lawsuit. For this reason, you should not hesitate to get started on your catastrophic injury case. We will work to meet the statute of limitations in your case so you do not lose your right to seek compensation.
Common Causes of Catastrophic Injuries
Many kinds of accidents can cause catastrophic injuries. Your catastrophic injury lawyer will examine the cause of your injury, which will help us recover damages for you. We’ll also collect evidence that shows how the accident occurred.
Causes of catastrophic injuries include:
- Car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Defective products
- Medical malpractice
- Slip & fall accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
The cause of your injuries may not be on the above list, but you may still have a case for compensation. A catastrophic injury lawyer from our firm can evaluate your case during a free consultation.
Consult With Our Catastrophic Injury Team Today
Don’t settle for an inadequate offer from the insurance company. We work hard to secure fair compensation for clients like you who suffered a catastrophic injury.
Our firm is ready to manage all the legal tasks in your case. Remember, you have a limited amount of time to take legal action against the liable party. Don’t wait to get started on your case. Contact Schiller & Hamilton today for a free consultation.