An accident with a vehicle the size and weight of a bus can be physically and psychologically traumatizing. If you or someone you love was involved in a recent bus accident, our law firm can go to bat for you. Our Bluffton bus accident lawyers can build your case and fight for a financial settlement, while you simply focus on getting better.
We can start by reviewing your case at no cost and explaining your options for financial recovery. Our representation can help you pursue the costs of your medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, and more. At Schiller & Hamilton, we can work hard to build a strong case, fighting for compensation on your behalf.
Common Causes of Bus Accidents in Bluffton
At Schiller & Hamilton, we work hard to understand the cause of your accident. Causes of bus accidents can include driver error or behavior, bus malfunction, or environmental issues. Driver-related causes can include:
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
- Driving under the influence
Bus malfunctions can include manufacturing flaws or defects. Inadequate driver training can also contribute to an accident, as can road and weather conditions.
When our bus accident lawyer accepts your Bluffton case, we can investigate the cause of your accident to identify the at-fault party which could include the bus driver, the bus company, the bus or bus part’s manufacturer, or bus repair or maintenance facility. We can identify the bus, bus driver, and bus company involved in your accident and their insurance provider.
For a free legal consultation with a Bluffton Bus Accident Lawyer call 1-803-366-0333
Which Types of Bus Accident Cases Does Your Law Firm Accept?
Our law firm represents injured parties whether you were a bus passenger, pedestrian, bicyclist or motorcyclist, or the occupant of another involved vehicle. We take on cases involving:
- Bluffton Breeze and other public transportation buses
- Private coach buses and local school buses
- Shuttle services including airport and hotel buses
- Private charter buses including tour buses and trollies
Bluffton Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me 1-803-366-0333
What Compensation Can I Recover After a Bus Accident?
Calculating your recoverable damages after a bus accident can be complicated. On your own, it can be easy to overlook or omit many of the forms of compensation you’re entitled to recover. Your bus accident lawyer can determine all of the damages that may apply to you, including:
- Medical bills, including emergency room, hospital, follow-up, rehab, and therapy costs
- Costs related to your treatment plan including treatment-related travel and assistive devices
- Lost wages including full- and part-time, freelance, and gig-economy income and loss of future earning capacity
- Property damage or total loss and diminished property value
- Physical disability, impairment, and lasting disfigurement
- Ongoing physical, mental, and emotional pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life
If your family lost a loved one in a bus accident, we could help you recover wrongful death damages, including funeral and burial expenses. Our team can take time to explain additional damages your family can recover. We can also explain who can file a wrongful death action and which family members can benefit from a financial award.
How Long Do I Have to File My Bus Accident Lawsuit?
Bus accident cases can be complex when handled on your own. One potential complication is the filing deadline since it can vary based on the outcome of the collision and the at-fault party. Accordingly:
- S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530 requires your personal injury lawsuit to be filed within three years of the date of the accident
- The same statute requires your family’s wrongful death lawsuit to be filed within three years of the date of your loved one’s demise
- S.C. Ann. § 15-78-110 requires your lawsuit against a government or municipal agency to be filed within just two years
Our law firm can take the confusion out of this critical part of your potential lawsuit. We can work hard to correctly interpret and comply with the filing deadline.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Bus Accident Lawyer?
At Schiller & Hamilton, it costs nothing upfront, and you pay no out-of-pocket fees when hiring our law firm to represent you. Instead, we cover all the costs of preparing your insurance claim or lawsuit and only receive compensation after we recover it for you. If your case is not resolved with a financial award, you owe us no legal fees at all.
The Benefits of Putting Our Bus Accident Team to Work on Your Bluffton Case
Pursuing fair and appropriate financial compensation after a bus accident is a detailed and time-consuming undertaking. Our lawyers can help you by:
- Reviewing your bus accident report
- Assessing your potential compensation
- Identifying the at-fault party or parties
- Collecting and organizing supporting evidence
- Canvassing for photos and video footage
- Speaking with involved parties on your behalf
- Locating and interviewing accident witnesses
- Providing updates on the progress of your case
You are never alone in your fight for financial recovery. Our bus accident attorneys can work hard to negotiate a favorable monetary settlement and can represent you in court if one cannot be reached.
Reviews From Previous Schiller & Hamilton Clients
When clients share their experiences with our legal team, they often leave glowing reviews like the following on our testimonials page:
- “I would recommend them…They stayed in contact and let me know what was going on. They were hard-working and got me a fair settlement.” – Larry S.
- “It was awesome. He’s the best attorney I’ve ever encountered. He’s a bulldog in court.” – Robert B.
Our entire team is committed to obtaining justice for our clients and can work hard to provide you with responsive, communicative legal service and support.
Call Now for Your Free Bus Accident Case Review
Were you or a loved one injured in a collision with a bus? Our team at Schiller & Hamilton can review your case at no cost or obligation. Contact one of our team members today to find out how hard our Bluffton bus accident lawyers can fight for you.