If you or someone you love was injured in a car accident, you can pursue the at-fault driver for financial compensation. In a crash with a rideshare vehicle, knowing who to pursue for compensation is more complicated. Our Bluffton car accident lawyer will determine whether to take on the driver’s or the rideshare company’s insurance provider.
On your own, it can be hard to evaluate the driver’s status and understand the factors that go into making this distinction. However, if you hire Schiller & Hamilton, we can identify the liable party and lead settlement negotiations. While we take care of your case, you can focus on getting better.
Recovering Economic and Non-Economic Damages in Bluffton, SC
Depending on its severity, a car accident can leave you with a myriad of expenses and losses you would not otherwise have incurred. Our rideshare accident attorney can help you build a comprehensive list of your damages and seek compensation for the following economic losses:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future income loss
- Loss of future earning ability
- Vehicle repair expenses
Non-economic damages are more difficult to document since they are subjective. However, we can prove them with tangible evidence, such as your medical records, written prognosis, and even your own written statement on the toll the accident has taken. Non-economic damages can include:
- Disfiguring injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional trauma
Our wrongful death attorneys can request damages for families who lost a loved one in a rideshare accident. They can include funeral and burial expenses and the loss of your loved one’s income and household support.
You Must File for Damages Before the Statute of Limitations
S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530 defines the statute of limitations for personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits. In general, it gives you three years to file your lawsuit. If you do not file your lawsuit on time:
- The courts could prohibit you from filing suit.
- Your lawsuit could be dismissed out of hand
- You will not be able to legally compel the liable party for compensation.
Our team will help you meet the statute of limitations and any other filing or notification guidelines that apply to your case.
Our fee structure also supports the timely filing of your potential lawsuit. We will take your case on a contingency fee basis, meaning we cover all upfront costs and only recover compensation if you do.
For a free legal consultation with a Bluffton Rideshare Accident Lawyer call 1-803-366-0333
Establishing Which Insurance Company We Hold Financially Accountable
Rideshare companies offer insurance in the aftermath of an accident. When their insurance kicks in depends on the driver’s status. In most cases:
- If the driver was not on the app, their personal auto insurance coverage applies.
- If the driver is on the app and waiting for a ride, the rideshare insurance applies only if the driver’s private insurance disclaims.
- If the driver is on the app and on the way to or actively transporting a passenger, the rideshare insurance coverage applies.
Unless you were the rideshare passenger, it can be hard to figure out which insurer is on the hook for your losses. At Schiller & Hamilton, our rideshare accident lawyer serving Bluffton can take care of this and all other case details for you.
How Our Investigative Team Builds a Compelling Case File
Many car accident claims settle without going to court. In most cases, a settlement agreement is reached based on the weight and substance of the evidence presented to the at-fault party. When we build your case file, the evidence we may gather includes:
- The police report
- Medical records
- Medical bills
- Employment records
- Injury photos
- Accident scene photos
- Lay witness statements
- Expert witness statements
Our personal injury attorneys will compile the evidence and present it to the at-fault party, along with a demand letter.
Bluffton Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 1-803-366-0333
Our Law Firm Serving Bluffton Fights Hard to Obtain Fair Financial Compensation
Resolving a rideshare accident can be a long and involved legal process. A primary benefit of hiring our personal injury lawyer is their ability to take care of all the following details for you.
- Collect evidence that proves your case
- Calculate your potential recoverable damages
- Prove the rideshare driver’s status on the app
- Pursue the appropriate insurance company
- Canvass the scene for photos and video footage
- Handle all communication related to your case
- Complete and submit all required paperwork
- Provide ongoing updates on the progress of your case
The negotiation process can involve multiple back-and-forth sessions before we reach an agreement. If a settlement isn’t possible, we will not hesitate to represent you in a trial.
Hear What Our Previous Clients Have to Say About Schiller & Hamilton
When you browse our testimonials page, you will find recommendations and reviews from previous clients who say:
- Larry Sanders: I would recommend them. They stayed pretty well on the spot. They stayed in contact and let me know what was going on. They were hard working and got me a fair settlement. They did a good job!
- Satisfied Client: Mr. Schiller was a true professional in every sense of the word … Top notch experience! It was my first time and hopefully the last time I need the use of a law firm … if the need arises in the future, they will receive my business. Highly recommend this firm.
You do not have to go it alone when our South Carolina personal injury attorneys are focused on fighting for you and the compensation you need and deserve.
Get a Free Review of Your Bluffton Rideshare Accident Case
If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident, our law firm will help you pursue damages. When our Bluffton rideshare accident lawyer is on your side, we never stop fighting for you. Get started by contacting Schiller & Hamilton today.