Your car accident lawyer will handle your insurance company. This may be one of your lawyer’s primary responsibilities, though it’s certainly not their only one. Your car accident lawyer will also deal with other parties involved in your claim, including lawyers for at-fault parties.
How Will My Lawyer Help Me Deal With the Insurance Company?
While it’s not universally the case that insurance adjusters are bad-faith negotiators looking to protect their bottom line, many car accident victims find themselves fighting insurance companies and their manipulative tactics. After you’ve been through an accident, this probably feels like an unnecessary and unwelcome hassle.
Because of their incentive to downplay their liability and issue a smaller payout, they may:
- Misrepresent your policy: Insurance companies know their policies well. Therefore, when an insurer paints your policy in a false light—perhaps claiming that certain losses do not entitle you to compensation—you may rightfully suspect you are being manipulated. An attorney from our firm will ensure you receive the benefits you are entitled to under your policy or the liable party’s policy.
- Make false determinations about your accident: An insurance company may reach its own conclusions about your accident, even if it contradicts a law enforcement officer’s or your own attorney’s findings. We will defend your rights to compensation with evidence from our investigations to fight for a fair settlement.
- Extend one or more lowball offers: Insurance companies generally know that a car accident puts extreme financial strain on victims. Medical expenses and vehicle repairs are often costly, and an insurance company may hope that you’ll take any settlement it offers. You should not be forced into accepting a lowball settlement because of your circumstances. We can field these offers and negotiate for what you deserve.
- Delay your claim: An insurer may have motivation for delaying a claim. One of those motivations may be the hope that you will cave and accept their lowball settlement offer. We have the experience and resources to fight these tactics and keep your case progressing.
For a free legal consultation, call 1-855-865-4907
How Else Will a Car Accident Lawyer Help Me Get Compensation?
In addition to combatting the insurance company’s questionable tactics, your attorney will oversee the remainder of the claims process. If it is appropriate in your case, your car accident lawyer can also file a lawsuit for you.
Some general responsibilities of a car accident lawyer include:
Protecting the Client from Costly Mistakes
A car accident lawyer from our firm will protect you by handling every step of your claim or lawsuit. We will draft and file paperwork, help you craft any statements you must make, and deal with insurance companies in your case. Your rights and your case will be safe from costly mistakes and forced admissions of guilt.
Documenting the Accident
We will show how your accident happened by:
- Obtaining witness accounts
- Hiring experts to reconstruct your accident
- Obtaining video footage, photographs, and other evidence of the collision
- Demonstrating liability with the evidence we gather
Your lawyer may have access to evidence that would be difficult for you to gather on your own. Examples include surveillance footage, black box data, and phone records, all of which could implicate the at-fault party.
Documenting the Client’s Damages
Your damages will determine how much compensation you deserve. We will obtain any documentation that shows your damages, including images of your injuries, medical records, proof of lost income during your recovery, and bills for vehicle repairs.
This information will help us demand a financial award from the insurer that accurately represents what you’ve lost. On your own, it may be difficult to see how deeply your finances have been affected by the accident.
Seeking a Settlement
Our attorneys negotiate on your behalf. We will likely negotiate with an insurance company’s representatives, though we may also negotiate with the opposing legal counsel if your case escalates to a lawsuit.
Leading Any Necessary Trial
Our firm takes cases to trial when necessary. We generally seek a fair settlement but will proceed to court when it is in our client’s best interests.
Our team will do everything that your case requires of us. All along the way, we will keep our eyes set on the ultimate goal: getting fair compensation for your damages.
What Damages Can I Receive Through an Insurance Settlement or Verdict?
Recoverable damages from your car accident may include:
- Repairs for your vehicle
- Replacement of a totaled vehicle
- Replacement of other damaged property
- Lost income
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
Having handled many motor vehicle accident cases, we know how important it is for clients to get fair compensation. You can trust our firm to seek the financial recovery you deserve.
Call Schiller & Hamilton Today to Discuss Your Car Accident
The consultation is absolutely free. We will explain the next steps in our case, and outline exactly how our team can help you.
Call Schiller & Hamilton today for your free consultation.